We've started a new weekly newsletter that we'll share hightlights of on our blog.
The desire to build something better together is the inspiration for this week’s theme: future forecast.
As publishers seek to overcome recent declines in CPMs and maintain gains in eCommerce traffic and conversions, we’ll share a few trends, predictions, and topics we’ve been discussing.
What we’re reading
Vital Signs: Traffic, Revenue ReboundingThe IAB predicts recovery may be slower for programmatic; a new study by Ascend2 has a sunnier outlook. Either way, there’s still hope on the horizon. WNIP reports that digital publishers are making gains in traffic, subscriptions, and revenue, particularly by those who demonstrate their value to users.
Delayed After Effects: What Will Stick With UseCommerce and streaming services have already seen huge surges this spring, and mobile eCommerce growth is expected to increase to 60% of all sessions. Marketing Dive shares additional, less-expected winners, along with their predictions for which ad spending categories will continue to out-perform. As for what those ads might look and sound like, NewsCred offers insights from six advertising pros (hint: humor could make a comeback).
Ongoing Privacy ConcernsWhile many have lost track of the days, California’s Attorney General submitted a final proposal for implementation this week, and will begin enforcing the CCPA starting July 1. AdExchanger predicts ad tech vendors will continue to seek clarity on those “data broker” designations. We predict more data privacy initiatives in the coming months, starting with this week’s release of Beeswax’s new Antenna data warehouse. (Related: Our guides to the CCPA and Google Analytics compliance)
What we’re writing
- As programmatic publishers look to boost revenue, member Mike Chowla makes the case for Prebid: How Publishers Can Improve Header Bidding Performance with Prebid
- We’ll offer more programmatic insights next week, when our friends at AdPushup present the trends they’re seeing for our next guest post.
- A little caution goes a long way, especially now. BRANDED co-authors share their brand safety best practices: Brand Safety Advice from BRANDED’s Claire Atkin and Nandini Jammi
- We’ve asked a variety of members and industry experts for their thoughts on the GDPR’s impact so far. We’ll share their privacy perspectives next week.
What we’re discussing
- Member Heidi Blade seeks clarification on GDPR permissions: Offer your advice
- Member Mike Chowla digs deeper into ‘privacy’ mode: See what he discovered
Sign up for our newsletters
Like what you've read here? Sign up for our newsletters and never miss an update.
You'll receive our weekly newsletter every Friday with community and industry news on a broad theme, plus a monthly newsletter with our latest articles.
What else are you reading or writing?
Click the link below to let us know and to share your ideas and suggestions for upcoming news updates.
Join the Ad.Product community
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and to be notified of member-exclusive events and opportunities.
Ad.Product is the first community for product managers, engineers, and others to discover and discuss how to build innovative, user-first ad platforms.