What we do
We empower sites and apps to build revenue from relevant advertising. Adzerk is an API-based ad server that provides the infrastructure for publishers, communities, marketplaces, and utilities to customize and scale advertising. We support banners, video, native, and custom units. Serve any ad, anywhere.
Adzerk began in 2009 when software engineer and author James Avery needed better technology to manage the ads on his network of sites. No ad server on the market was flexible or fast enough, so James wrote his own. Adzerk launched in 2011.
The ad ecosystem is changing fast. Innovative sites and apps are planning for tomorrow by building new ad units that align with their core user experience, but they also must focus on traditional units that make money today. Adzerk manages both, combining them in a single interface and set of APIs.
And we are growing fast. Adzerk serves over a billion impressions per day and is trusted by some of the biggest players on the internet. We’re based in downtown Durham, North Carolina in a renovated municipal garage.
- Make the internet a better place. We work with innovative sites and apps that do good things.
- Be open. We are dedicated to open source and sharing our knowledge.
- We are all adults. We reject micromanagement and trust our employees.
- Go above and beyond. We solve problems for our clients, no matter what it takes.
- Always be crushing. We act fast but get it done right.
- Be a hacker. We maintain a culture of engineering and creative problem solving.
The Adzerk Team
Sean ChaneySoftware Engineer
Alejandro SanchezAccount Manager
Peter HoranBlog Sparks Network
Jobs at Adzerk
Adzerk is a Durham, NC startup that enables awesome companies to build their ad infrastructure. We’re looking for individuals who love working in a fast paced environment that focuses on continuous learning and personal responsibility.
Some reasons why you want to work here —
- Adzerk believes employees have rights. We have a Bill of Rights, in fact.
- We put our money where our convictions are.
- We have a great location in fast-growing Durham NC.
- You’ll get your own Macbook Pro and Thunderbolt display, with all the peripherals.
- Excellent benefits for you and your family.
- Unlimited paid vacation. Because we’re all grownups here.
- Flexible work hours, and work from home 2 days a week. (Seriously, half our code gets written after midnight.)
- Free coffee, snacks, and beer. And we get the good stuff. Not to mention our legendary scotch collection.
- Foosball and Mario Kart 8.