Adzerk began in 2009 when software engineer James Avery wanted better tech for managing his network’s ads. No ad server was flexible or fast enough, so James wrote his own, which led to Adzerk - coined from the mythical Norse Berserkers known for their intensity.
Adzerk initially focused on all ad units, but as time passed, it became clear that native ads were the future. However, publishers had few good options for building them. They could either spend countless dev hours building an ad infrastructure from scratch, or outsource inventory to a native ad network, where they’ll get poorly-formatted, low-CPM “native” ads.
Adzerk decided to fix that by offering flexible APIs for native ad creation, decision making, and serving. Now, developers can build an in-house native ad platform in weeks, not years, speeding up the time-to-market while letting them focus on what matters: the core product.
Adzerk is growing fast, with over a billion ad requests per day, and is trusted by some of the biggest players on the internet, including Reddit, Imgur, and StackExchange.
- Make the internet a better place. We work with innovative sites and apps that do good things.
- Be open. We are dedicated to open source and sharing our knowledge.
- We are all adults. We reject micromanagement and trust our employees.
- Go above and beyond. We solve problems for our clients, no matter what it takes.
- Always be crushing. We act fast but get it done right.
- Be a hacker. We maintain a culture of engineering and creative problem solving.
The Adzerk Team
Alejandro SanchezVP of Customer Success
Sean ChaneySoftware Engineer
Peter HoranBlog Sparks Network
Jobs at Adzerk
Adzerk is a Durham, NC startup that enables innovative companies to build their ad infrastructure. We’re looking for individuals who love crushing it as much as we do.
Some reasons why you want to work here —
- Adzerk believes employees have rights. We have a Bill of Rights, in fact.
- We put our money where our convictions are.
- We have a great location in fast-growing Durham, NC.
- You’ll get your own Macbook and Thunderbolt display, with all the peripherals.
- Excellent benefits for you and your family, including 100% paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Unlimited paid vacation. Because we’re all grownups here.
- Flexible work hours, and work from home 2 days a week. (Seriously, half our code gets written after midnight.)
- Free coffee, snacks, and beer. And we get the good stuff. Not to mention our legendary scotch collection.
- Foosball, ping pong, and Mario Kart 8.